I received the fabrics for my first blocks from Fresh Comfort Two quilting bee. I’m almost done with them. Margaret (a seriously talented quilter) wanted slightly wonky log cabins from the most amazing selection of aqua and brown fabrics (I cannot wait to see what the finished quilt looks like). She provided great instructions and I’m glad I agreed to do two because there was a bit of a learning curve and the second one went together much easier for me. I did end up using a few of my own fabrics because I messed up hers on the final row of the second block (so sorry!). She said we could take from our own stash, so I think they’ll be OK. The problem was that I cut the blocks too short on the last side. They ended up being about 16″ and I had to cut them to 14 1/2″ square. Easier said than done.
So I ripped, cut from my stash and sewed again. Now the one block is still too short without cutting at all. Aargh. I will rip and cut and resew this afternoon.
Other than that 🙂 I am happy with the results overall.
My fabric is added at the top row of the right picture.