Quick update

I got a total of 1 1/2 blocks done last night.  No wait!  I actually only completed one.  Here is the one that I completed.  It  is part of a very long project (from the 2nd QAYG Quilt Along):

And here is the one that I couldn’t quite finish.

Believe it or not these took hours to finish.  I make a practice block every time I try something new.  I’m practicing for the November Do. Good Stitches block.  I can make a block in any style but it has to include a little embroidered piece that was provided by the quilt designer.  I’m too afraid to screw it up so I’m totally playing it safe.  I did finish my practice block this evening and then made another one that is a bit wonky and that is the one I’ll use for the final design. The block above involved precision and I simply can’t eek precision out of my machine.  I broke down today and purchased a 1/4″ foot and we’ll see how that goes.

The QAYG block is time consuming because I quilt each piece as I lay it down.  I’ve tried it the other way (sew each piece to the batting and then quilt the whole thing) and it does go more quickly but I don’t like the finished result quite as much.

So, that’s what I got done last night, and what I didn’t get done.

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Filed under do. Good Stitches bee, QAYG Quilt Along, Quilting

Comments

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s