The Freedom Block Swap deadline has come and gone and I mailed out all of my blocks on time. That bee was different from most in that each member sent enough fabric for one block (at least one fat quarter) to each member of the group, but the design of the block was totally up to the maker. I really struggled with some of these because the block I originally chose to make (top row left) just wasn’t coming out at the right finished size. I finally purchased a 1/4″ foot for my machine but the blocks were still taking way too long to finish. The second block I chose (top row, right side) needed longer pieces of fabric than I received from most of the bee members. Consequently, I ended up piecing some of the blocks, which I didn’t want to do. I finally ended up making other blocks that better fit with the amount of fabric I received (top row middle and bottom row). Here are all of the finished block (you’ll have to click the image to see the whole thing; there are 10 blocks):
I also completed blocks for Fresh Comfort 2 but then found out that one set isn’t cut right so I have to fix them. Here are spider web blocks for Anita:
The spider web blocks were kind of hard because there was no seam allowance in the instructions and they therefore didn’t come together neatly. It’s too bad too because the fabric is really nice. They do end up at 8 1/2″ square, so I hope she can still use them.
These are string blocks and I have to remake them:
I liked making these string blocks. They were really very easy so I’m not sure what happened. I guess I just didn’t trim them down correctly. I’ll have to finish them off another day. I’m just too tired to create anything now. It’s almost 3am and I can barely keep my eyes open.
This was a very lucky week for me. I hope to post my winnings tomorrow.