I’m done. I finished the last blocks for Balinda’s month in Fresh Comfort Two. She chose fun blocks that I’ve never made before. She’s making two I-spy quilts for her family’s cabin and she sent a whole bunch of fabric to make the blocks.
I had a little trouble with the blocks. The one on the right is just a hair short of 12 1/2″ so I made the center of the block on the left a little bit larger figuring I could trim the block at the end to the appropriate size. What I didn’t consider, however, is that since I had already pre-cut the squares that framed the center block, I wouldn’t have enough room in each subsequent square to sew 1/4″. If you zoom in on the photo you can see that the edges are tucked into the next square a bit. I don’t think it will be noticeable overall, but I hate to send out blocks with such a mistake. I hope Balinda understands.
So Fresh Comfort Two is now done. It’s been a year and we’ve made a total of 11 months of blocks. The moderator decided that she didn’t want blocks made for her month so we had December free. That leaves just do. Good Stitches Bee which I am really enjoying.
I really am glad I was part of these groups and learned a lot. There’s a whole Flickr group dedicated to quilting bees and it’s full of inspiration, as well as the pitfalls of belonging to this sort of anonymous type of quilting group. I think I’ll save that for another post though.
For now, stick a fork in it; I’m done.