A quilt for M. And a 2012 first finish.
I posted about it a month ago for January’s FNSI. All I had left at that time was sewing the binding and fixing a little snafu with the backing. M and the cat have been sleeping under it for over a month now and since we have some bright, bright sunshine today I thought I’d snap a few pictures. I am so happy with how it turned out. M and the cat love it too.
I was inspired by Malka Dubrawsky’s duvet cover from the Spring 2011 Stitch magazine but didn’t remember exactly how she made it, or that it was a duvet cover. The actual pattern calls for 6 solids and mine uses 5. They’re simply arranged, each piece about 18″ x 40″ (again, my memory fails me) and stitched together to make a twin quilt. My friend Corinne shared her magazine with me and I realized Malka’s was a bit different, especially with 6 colors to my 5, plus the fact that hers is a duvet cover. Since I had already cut my fabric and didn’t have enough time (or the patience, honestly) to make it a duvet, I kept to the original plan. Voila! My version.
I like the back too. I used a twin sheet I had purchased years ago and pieced in the solids from the front. It’s almost reversible, actually.