I got a total of 1 1/2 blocks done last night. No wait! I actually only completed one. Here is the one that I completed. It is part of a very long project (from the 2nd QAYG Quilt Along):
And here is the one that I couldn’t quite finish.
Believe it or not these took hours to finish. I make a practice block every time I try something new. I’m practicing for the November Do. Good Stitches block. I can make a block in any style but it has to include a little embroidered piece that was provided by the quilt designer. I’m too afraid to screw it up so I’m totally playing it safe. I did finish my practice block this evening and then made another one that is a bit wonky and that is the one I’ll use for the final design. The block above involved precision and I simply can’t eek precision out of my machine. I broke down today and purchased a 1/4″ foot and we’ll see how that goes.
The QAYG block is time consuming because I quilt each piece as I lay it down. I’ve tried it the other way (sew each piece to the batting and then quilt the whole thing) and it does go more quickly but I don’t like the finished result quite as much.
So, that’s what I got done last night, and what I didn’t get done.